Work Permit – Canada


A common question that Alexander Immigration Services often faces:

“Will you please get me a job and a work permit in Canada?”

Foreign workers need an offer of employment from a Canadian Employer before being granted a Work Permit, and in most cases the Canadian Employer needs to obtain a LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment) prior to giving a job offer, unless they are exempt from obtaining a LMIA due to International Agreements, Federal-Provincial Agreements or “Canadian Interests” Category.

We do not provide recruitment services for our clients, but yes, we do provide immigration services like applying for LMIA and work permits.

A word of caution to our readers – Beware of Immigration Firms that say they can find you employment and get you a job offer. There is an extremely high degree of fraud in this area, and you may be taken advantage of and lose your money.

We strongly encourage our clients to visit Canada Jobs Bank,, and other job sites to apply for and obtain a suitable job in Canada. Once they get a job offer we help them apply for either Permanent or Temporary Immigration, depending on the circumstances.

Contact for more details or call + 1 647 773 3673 to fix an appointment for a paid consultation.

New Biometrics Requirements for Foreign Nationals

Depending on your nationality, you may soon be required to give your biometrics (photograph and fingerprints) to the Government of Canada as part of your application for a visitor visa, work or study permit, permanent residence, or refugee or asylum status.

Beginning July 31, 2018, applicants from Europe, the Middle East and Africa will be required to provide biometrics. Then, on December 31, 2018, the requirement will be expanded to applicants from Asia, Asia Pacific, and the Americas. Applicants will only need to give their biometrics once every 10 years.

Exempt from this new requirement are Canadian citizens, existing permanent residents, children under the age of 14, applicants over the age of 79, and visa-exempt nationals entering Canada as tourists who are eTA holders. Also, those applying for a visa, study or work permit, or permanent residence from within Canada are temporarily exempt until in-Canada service centres are established in 2019.

Contact us at with your queries or to know more.

Express Entry Draw – June 13, 2018

The Government of Canada conducted it’s 12th Express Entry Draw today and invited 3750 candidates to apply for Canadian Permanent Residence. The cut off CRS score was 451 and since multiple candidates had this score priority was given to candidates who created their profile prior to July 21, 2017 at 07:01:28 UTC.

More invitations are expected to be issued in the coming weeks and months since Canada has a target of one million immigrants by 2020.

Don’t delay. Contact us at Alexander Immigration Services or email for a free assessment and check your eligibility to apply for a Canadian Permanent Residence.