New Home Child Care Provider & Home Support Worker Pilot

Canada is replacing it’s Caring for Children and Caring for People with High Medical Needs pilots with the Home Child Care Provider Pilot and Home Support Worker Pilot and provide eligible caregivers with a pathway to permanent residence once they’ve acquired two years of Canadian work experience.

Work permits will be issued under the Home Child Care Provider and Home Support Worker pilots to caregivers who have a job offer in Canada and who meet the following criteria:

  • Language tests result showing a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) of 5;
  • One year of Canadian post-secondary education or the foreign equivalent;
  • Admissible to Canada.

Caregivers with work experience in National Occupational Classification  NOC 4411 (excluding foster parents) will be eligible for permanent residence through the Home Child Care Provider Pilot.

Caregivers with work experience in NOC 4412 (excluding housekeepers) will be eligible for permanent residence through the Home Support Worker Pilot.

IRCC has stated that the new pilots will have a 12-month processing standard for work permit applications, and once the work experience requirement is met, a six-month processing standard for applications for permanent residence.

A few major changes that are being made in these new pilots are as follows:

  • Employers will no longer need an LMIA before hiring an overseas caregiver;
  • Occupation-specific work permits will be issued instead of employer-specific work permits, which will allow caregivers to change employers within Canada;
  • Caregiver’s spouses will be eligible for open work permits and children for study permits.

There is a cap on the total principal applicants that this pilot will accept every year. The cap has been set to 2750 principal applicants for the Home Child Care Provider Pilot & another 2750 principal applicants for the Home Support Worker pilot every year.

Please contact +16477733673 or email for further assistance and to apply under these new pilots.

Rural & Northern Immigration Pilot – Communities identified

The Rural & Northern Immigration Pilot (RINP) is employment driven and was created to help smaller rural and remote communities attract foreign workers of various skill levels and provide them with permanent residence.

A job offer** must be obtained from an employer from one of the participating communities listed below :

  • North Bay, ON
  • Sudbury, ON
  • Timmins, ON
  • Sault St. Marie, ON
  • Thunder Bay, ON
  • Brandon, MB
  • Rhineland/Plum Coulee /Gretna/Altona, MB
  • Moose Jaw, SK
  • Claresholm, AB
  • Vernon, BC
  • West Kootenay (Trail, Castlegar, Rossland, Nelson), BC

If a community endorses you and you’re successful in applying for permanent residence, you’ll then move there to work and live.

The federal eligibility criteria that outline who can apply to the pilot will be available in summer 2019.

Details on exactly how to apply to a community will be available later in 2019.

Please contact Alexander Immigration Services for your temporary and permanent immigration needs.

Call +16477733673 or email today.

**We do not provide Canadian jobs



Licensed Canadian Immigration Professional


Are you seeking a Canadian Government Licensed Immigration Consultant? If so, please visit the below link and confirm the authenticity of the consultant by typing their details and contact information.

My name is “Hemalatha Alexander” and you can find me on the website my typing either my first name or last name or my company name “Alexander Immigration Services” in the appropriate column.

We specialize in the following areas of Canadian Immigration be it initial applications or refusals:

  • Express Entry – Federal Skilled Worker, Federal Skilled Trades, Canadian Experience Class
  • Family Class Sponsorship – Spouse, Common Law, Dependent Child, Parents
  • Business Immigration – Federal & Provincial
  • Temporary Resident Visas – Visitor, Study, Work, Super Visa
  • Post Graduate Work Permit
  • PR Card Renewals
  • Visa Restoration, Extensions, Change in Status
  • Labour Market Impact Assessment
  • Canadian Citizenship
  • Humanitarian & Compassionate Applications

It is important to deal with only licensed immigration consultants for all your temporary and permanent immigration needs to protect yourself from fraud. Email your requirements to for your immigration needs.

** We do not provide Canadian jobs

#canada #immigration #pr #studyabroad #sponsorship #visitcanada