Book an Appointment

Canada Tel : +1 647 773 3673

India Tel : +91 98844 14466

Meetings by appointment only. No walk-ins please.

We do not provide Recruitment & job services

Work Permit

Foreign workers need an offer of employment from a Canadian Employer before being granted a Work Permit, and in most cases the Canadian Employer needs to obtain a LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment) prior to giving a job offer, unless they are exempt from obtaining a LMIA due to International Agreements, Federal-Provincial Agreements or “Canadian Interests” Category.

The Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) allows students who have graduated from a participating Canadian post-secondary institution to gain valuable Canadian work experience. Skilled Canadian work experience gained through the PGWP helps graduates qualify for permanent residence in Canada through the Canadian experience class.

Employers seeking to employ open work permit holders are exempt from the requirement to first obtain a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) from Service Canada.

A work permit under the PGWPP may be issued for the length of the study program, for a maximum of 3 years. A post-graduation work permit cannot be valid for longer than the student’s study program, which must be a minimum of 8 months in duration.

An open work permit allows a foreign national to work for any employer in Canada in any job, except certain restricted professions. An open work permit is issued to the following:

Contact Alexander Immigration Services Inc. for assistance in applying for an open work permit, Post Graduate Work Permit or a regular work permit if you already have a job offer with LMIA or your employer is exempt from obtaining one. Please note we do not provide recruitment services nor help in obtaining Canadian jobs.